Organisation Position Statement
Students International Ltd believes that it is always unacceptable for a learner to experience abuse of any kind and recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all learners by commitment to practice that protects them.
The school recognises that:
- The welfare of the learners is paramount
- All learners, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse
The purpose of this policy is to:
- Provide protection for learners at Students International Ltd
- Provide staff and volunteers with guidance on procedures they should adopt in the event that they suspect a learner may be experiencing, or be at risk of, harm
This policy applies to all staff, including the Proprietor, teaching staff, administration staff, students or anyone working on behalf of the school.
We will seek to safeguard all learners by:
- Valuing them, listening to them, and respecting them
- Adopting safeguarding guidelines through procedures and a code of conduct for staff and volunteers
- Recruiting staff safely
- Sharing information about concerns with agencies who need it, and involving learners appropriately
We are also committed to reviewing our policy and practice annually.